How to Build a Lasting Relationship should not be a thought that just crosses your mind for a moment and leaves, but should be a thought that stays with you always. Yes, you may want to ask why this thought should be constant with you, but don’t think that much, you will find out very soon why you should. Yes you will know for certain the essence of building a lasting relationship and also the how to get it done.
The essence of good quality, effective and lasting human relationships cannot be overemphasized. Life cannot never be lived alone, and no matter how much you may try to reason it out to and logical or rational terms, no one is a loner, and no one is made to be a loner. No matter how different our psychological temperament and disposition may be, we are never totally excluded from the place of human interactions and relationships.
We are trying to find out How to Build a Lasting Relationship here, and yes we will, but before then it is nice we establish some facts about relationships. Relationships are the various aspect of human interactions with one and other within their environment. This environment might be immediate or the extended globe, but all comes into play.
This human interactions with others can be seen in family settings, at school, with kids and friends from the neighborhood, with colleagues and customers at your work place, with the opposite sex in view of marriage and so on and so forth. The thing is that, no matter which of the scenario comes into play here, we need to know How to Build a Lasting Relationship as it is the key to keeping all forms of relationships going for a long time, a life time and some more than just a life time.
On building lasting relationships of any kind, be it for marriage, friendship with pals and which ever kind of relationship that can be thought, the following general rules apply;
- Love: Love is the foundation on which every lasting human and interpersonal relationship must be built on. Any relationship that is not founded on the basis of love for everyone concerned is never likely to go past days into weeks in its duration of existence.
- Trust: One of the basic killer of almost all dead relationships is the lack of trust among members or people in the relationship. A situation where the is no trust, insecurity sets in an this destroys relationships as fast as the speed of sound.
- Communication: For a relationship to thrive and last long, they must be an open line of communication from all ends or parties involved. All individuals must keep in touch without secrets as a way of fostering the growth and stability of the relationship.
- Forgiveness: When talking about How to Build a Lasting Relationship, we must understand the fact that in all human interactions, they must arise offenses and so, it takes practical total forgiveness from all involved to make it work. Practice forgiveness if your relationship must thrive.
- Respect: The must be mutual respect and understanding for relationships to last long. Everyone should know how to protect the worth and value of the other by according others the much needed respect.
- Caring: A relationship will last if those involved in it do care for each other. They should be a mutual balance of sharing and caring within the cycle.
- Truthfulness: How to Build a Lasting Relationship? Be open and truthful at all times. No matter what happens and how bad it may hurt the other person or persons, it is better you tell them the truth as it breads understanding rather than having them learn it from others, as that is what destroys trust.